When traveling to Canada, be sure to look for Ammex Detroit Duty Free Stores, with two convenient and easily accessible Ambassador Bridge locations. When traveling through downtown Detroit, you also can stop at a third Ammex store at the Detroit-Windsor Tunnel.
All three Ammex stores offer a wide selection of goods from around the world, including designer fragrances and elegant jewelry from the top designers in Europe, and crystal from abroad.
For sophisticated tastes, each Ammex store offers a full selection of brand name liquors, fine wines, domestic and imported beer and tobacco products ... all without taxes and duties,
Ammex Detroit Duty Free Stores are on your way to Canada when traveling from the United States. Make Ammex a regular stop. Take your time to browse-and take advantage of huge savings.
When you stop at any of our Ammex Detroit stores, you will be greeted by our friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful sales staff that is available for all of your shopping needs. Let our trained sales consultants assist you with finding the perfect fragrance, jewelry, or gift items. There are hundreds to choose from the worlds top designers. All travelers want convenience and Ammex Detroit is your one-stop shop when crossing the Detroit/Windsor border. All locations offer currency exchange, world-class merchandise, fine spirits and tobacco, and tour buses are always welcome. Our Lafayette location also offers a large gas and diesel station with Duty Free fuel, spacious parking for buses and RV’s, public washrooms, a snack bar with complimentary coffee, and convenience items like milk, bread, and eggs.
- Allowed to purchase for their personal use while in Canada; 1.14L of alcohol or 1.5L of wine or 24 bottles / cans of beer and 200 cigarettes.
- Can purchase gift items valued up to $60 per item (excludes alcohol or tobacco)
After visiting Canada for less than 48 hours, you can return to the U.S. with $200 in merchandise (liquor & tobacco are subject to minimal tax & duty.) After 48 hours, you can return to the U.S. with $800 in merchandise including liquor and tobacco allowance of 1L liquor, 200 cigarettes, 100 cigars. Family members may combine allowances and can claim this allowance once per month.
- $200 exemption after 24 hours (excluding alcohol or tobacco products.)
- $800 exemption after 48 hours in merchandise including the same liquor & tobacco allowances.
- 1.14L (40 imperial oz.) of wine or liquor or
- 1 case of beer (24)
- 200 cigarettes (1 carton) and
- 50 cigars
After 24 hours in the U.S., residents can import $200 worth of goods duty and tax free (excluding alcohol or tobacco products.) After a stay of 48 hours, you can import $800 worth of goods, your purchases from the Ambassador Duty Free Store may be brought back into Canada as part of your Canada Customs allowances.
- 32 gasoline and 14 diesel fuel pumps in well-lighted and secure area
- Spacious washrooms
- Easy access for buses and truck.
- Direct access from downtown
- Fast and friendly service
- Currency exchange & Walk-up currency exchange